Nike’s new eight-yr, $1 billion partnership with the NBA is on a tear.
A collection of ripped jersey incidents has the world’s largest shoe and sports activities attire firm taking a look at methods to strengthen its new design, which is supposed to be lighter and supply higher mobility and sweat wicking.
5 gamers have had their jerseys torn, based on ESPN. That is not an unlimited quantity, nevertheless it’s occurring at a extra frequent fee than regular.
- Cavaliers ahead Lebron James, the league’s largest star, had his ripped down the center within the season opener.
- Warriors ahead Draymond Inexperienced’s was torn in a battle.
- 76ers ahead Ben Simmons’ was torn when it was tugged in a battle for a rebound.
- Cavaliers ahead Kevin Love’s tore as he pulled it over his head.
- Lakers level guard Tyler Ennis’ ripped as an opponent tugged on his throughout a preseason recreation.
Every week after the incident with James’ jersey, Nike president and CEO Mark Park advised CNBC the corporate had “remoted the difficulty.” There have been extra rips to return, although.
“We’re very involved to see any recreation day tear and are working to implement an answer that includes standardizing the embellishment course of and enhancing the seam power of recreation day jerseys,” Nike stated in a press release to ESPN. “The standard and efficiency of our merchandise are of utmost significance and we’re working with the NBA and groups to keep away from this occurring sooner or later.”